Dear readers💗As things are at my work I sometimes have to stay for hours at nerve-racking standbys. To relax tension the trick is always to turn my mind to Ikaria and then to look for something interesting to blog about my island. In most cases things don’t fall in as I wish. Inspiration is a bird in flight, but sometimes there are exceptions.😋Last week during one of those standbys I mentionned above, and while I was surfing fruitlessly in Flickr, I looked for new stuff from friends and a wonderful new set of 29 pictures from Ikaria appeared in front of my eyes: «A Day at an Exhibition» – «Hard hiking, wild swimming and admiring rocks scuptured by nature in Cape Papas, Ikaria». What a brilliant title, description and of course, visual content!These pictures were taken by my friend Angelos, amateur photographer and leading member of the Ikarian hiking club, on a day of March while he and his friends were trying to find a trail through «a jungle of rocks sculptured by nature» (sic) to connect the remote village of Karkinagri with the even remoter westernmost tip of Ikaria and the historical, spectacular lighthouse which stands on it.... ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ...As you could see in this great map above, the trail was found! Therefore, I think we should expect to see more shots from this colorful and naturally artistic, wild coast of Ikaria very soon. But for the time being, these are the best I have seen. I am letting you enjoy them! Move your mouse over the thumbnails to read a few words written by the author about each picture. They are very expressive and enlightening!..
Côte de Naufragés Sauvés
Thank you very much, Angelos!💗
Sunday, March 26, 2017
ze nnews im mbrief
-> I have a cold, I have a sore throat, I have a headache, I have dry lips, I have a red nose, I have red eyes and they are running. I have a dribbling mouth. I have a lot of toilet paper and the waste paper basket is by my side. I empty it every 4 hours. The content will be good fertilizer for the garden.
-> I don’t have fever. I don’t have cramps. I don’t have stomachache. I don’t have diarrhoea. I don’t have bird flu.
-> I don’t have malaria. I don’t have two red hot iron bars in my nostrils (I’ve checked it in the mirror).
ozer mnews im mbrief
-> I can write & I can think too -very hard, slowly and exclusively about my nose, but I can think.
-> I can’t smoke. I can’t have coffee. I can’t eat. I can’t remember what french fries (Ikarian style -my favorite) taste like.
here iz zome mbore mnews
-> I delivered the final draft of something and it was well received.
-> I went out to see a piece of land (a cliff actually). I liked that piece of land.
-> I met the man with the earth mover (bulldozer) who is going to make a road to the land I liked.
He is going to destroy at least half of the beauty of that land (not to mention that the road will be very risky and probably slide down and disappear altogether), however the price of the land will rise because it will be ‘accesible’ then.
-> In spite everything I liked that man!?!
These 4 factors combined together undermined and weakened my (overloaded) system, so I caught a virus (as it usually happens with me) and now I’m running on «safety mode» tzzz krk krk bzizk apstchou !…
+ zome goodz mnews
-> today waz ze firzt day of zpring. «Earini Isimeria» = equal day-equal night. Εαρινή Ισημερία.
-> many ozers too, not only me, are ill, the zame az me.
-> I got rid of the idea that I am harming the tourism of Ikaria with my pictures in Flickr.
-> Someone is coming tonight to rub my back with warm alcohol. I will be allowed (and I’ll allow myself) to groan, sigh & moan during the process. I’ll be allowed (and allow myself) to be ill.
more zome other day
iz enybody interezted in reading ze story ov my life?
I feel like writing ze story ov my life rightz now. Or maybe it’z becauze I’m ill.
I’ll thimk amboud it ndomorrow.
P.S. did you know? I was going to post that photo of the sea here anyway but then as I opened my blog I saw the last of Jimmy P’s comments. I dedicate this photo to him. No one should deprive anyone of such a view of the sea. It must remain public.
Grazie 1000 per la dedica, sono onorato.
Wednesday March 22, 2006 – 01:41am (CET)
Get well soon, El! It’s difficult to read the blog when you type with a stuffy nose 😉
Telling your life story, eh? That sounds like it has a bit more soul-stealing potential than a photograph to me.
Tuesday March 21, 2006 – 10:22pm (EST)
The sea is endless, life is not, that’s what it means.
Tuesday March 21, 2006 – 07:39pm (PST)
Είμαι γκι εγκώ γκρυωμένος γκαι η μπύντη μου είναι μπουλωμμένη.
We look forward for spring and here’s what we get… hahaha
Wednesday March 22, 2006 – 01:04pm (EET)
There is terrific tempest of the equinox blowing right now right here. I won’t go out to take pictures. I’m staying in drinking tsipouro (like ‘grapa’ hey Jimmy?) in warm water with honey. Good medicine… Felicia, my cat, sings me her songs. She is pregnant.
Thursday March 23, 2006 – 03:49am (PST)
iv it heppns agen, edd sam sinnamon barrk & a fiu cloves 2 ze hottt tsipouromelo… «u uil rimembrr mi» 😛
Wednesday May 13, 2009 – 10:03pm (EEST)
copied that 😌 tanx
Wednesday May 13, 2009 – 12:38pm (PDT)
I indorse. My father’s was a historian. Do you know what was his hobby? He climbed mountains and collected wild herbs !
Sunday March 19, 2006 – 02:54pm (EET)
You coloured my photo with blue shade? It looks a bit sad.
We weren’t sad on that day. Anyway, «it’s your blog and … » (how is that old song about the party going?)
Nature, History, everything is Machines… hehehe
Monday March 20, 2006 – 11:45am (EET)
my dear Nana, there are times that I feel the mechanical urge to kill you. The only reason I don’t do it is because I know that you are not a machine or if perhaps if you are, I don’t know the mechanic who would be able to repair you.
(«it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to»)
Monday March 20, 2006 – 02:59am (PST)
2006-2009 – Ελένη είσαι ένας θρύλος!
Sunday March 22, 2009 – 01:41pm (EET)
Sunday March 22, 2009 – 10:51am (PDT)
Hello readers! 💋
(1) I removed the ‘lighthouse’ from my ID. Not that I put out the lighthouse -it’s always there. I’m not allowed to delete it. It’s the candle on my grandmother’s grave.
(2) The ‘stats’ counted over 3000 visits in my blog. Though I know that by now there are about 27.ooo.ooo blogs on the net and I know that my 3.ooo visits are less than nothing, I gOT pAnICKEd.
(3) Among my many mediterranean handicaps is that I am superstitious, in a creative and ‘cultured’ way perhaps, but no less superstitious for that -perhaps even more. Do you know of that superstition according to which for every photograph you take ( or have others take) of youself a part of your soul is lost? The local professional photographers here in the island know about this. Their predecessors had to spend a long time talking with the ‘subjects’, showing them the camera (what’s inside, the buttons etc.) to persuade them that the process of taking a portrait wouldn’t deface them or deprive them of speech and things like that. I felt the same (oh, readers !) so I removed my face from the blog. Every time I opened the blog and saw my face and realized that hundreds of people had been looking at me, I felt ‘consumed’. (Models on giant wall posters must feel the same, but they get a hell of a lot of money for this -perhaps this is why they do get all that money after all)
(4) Instead of «me+lighthouse», you have «my hair dyed red + my 3/4 back + my right hip + my right arm + a part of my right boot» I particularly like the new colour of my hair. I find that this colour goes very much with the green and grey of the landscape of Ikaria.
(5) Here I am on my knees on the wall of the cistern (water reservoir) of the old watermill, lost ⁉(‘lost’ ? for Ikaria this word looses its meaning) in a gorge. It’s the same site with the waterfall (see my Flickr) and the snowdrops/galanthi flowers (see my Flickr).
(6) Nana 😘 who took this photo, is a great photographer -not consious, but natural born. It was not her, but I 😉 who blurred her photo afterwards on the computer.
(7) I blurred the photo, 1st) because of *3*, 2nd) because I don’t want this particular photo to be stolen 😠 . By ‘stolen’ I only mean one thing: I don’t want this photo (or others where I appear in front of or inside an Ikarian landscape) to be stolen and appear in one of those tourist-oid promoter-oid 🤪 websites which are supposed to advertise the assets of the island («oh, how nice, how old, how green, lotsa pretty redhaired hikers in it too»).
…….(8) ON the CONTRARY (now this is quite official), I’d pose full face, full body (even naked in a pool or a waterfall in a canyon) for a cause (in this I still feel in me live the impossible, unbearable ‘eco-freak’ I was once upon a time). I’d break a strict law (of mine) and I’d become a 😇 ‘muse’. If only I knew it would help and that there would be people who really did something good for the environment (natural+social) of this extraordinary place. And that such photos would inspire others to go the same way. I can act stupid, but I’m not naive and I know that this is not likely to happen. There are too many crazy 😬 earthmovers around here. Unless the price of oil reaches the price of gold, they will be in business trying to flatten the island and make it look like an Athenian backwater suberb (‘quelle horrible illusion’).
(9) However, the future is 🤔 unknown. If ever on a website or the paper press you see a photo of me naked 😛 in a waterfall, you ‘d know that my island is going the right way (‘right’, according to me of course).
(10) I’m afraid that many years will pass for this to happen (if ever), so I guess will be very very old 😫 by then. So let me be more accurate and state the above *9* in a different way . If ever on a website or paper press you see a photo of a bag of wrinkled skin and brown bones, you would know 😉, 1st) that it is me, and 2nd) that my island is going the right way.
kisses to everybody 😚 😚 😚
drama&commercial&paperback&blog&chop-all-on-my-bench-for-life-not-survival writer has met an artist (& possible friend?..)
~~~ biou, biou.. «the bomber» is scared…
~ φιλακια *** και σε ολα τα Ελληνοπουλα και τις Ελληνοπουλες που δεν το βαζουν κατω ~
κουραγιο βρε… μονο τα πρωτα 100 χρονια ειναι δυσκολα ~ σε 2 μηνες εγω κλεινω το πρωτο 1/3 απο αυτο το χρονικο διαστημα ~ ηταν το πιο δυσκολο ~
Why certain women are so good at starting wars?
Tuesday March 14, 2006 - 10:35pm (EET)
I do consider myself a ’cause’ (some might say a lost one) and I do accept gratuitous donations…I would also be obliged to REALLY DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!
Tuesday March 14, 2006 - 02:35pm (PST)
- Jimmy P
You’re right AKK, I read it in school books… since long time greek women called «Eleni» are the best at starting wars.
Wednesday March 15, 2006 - 12:33am (CET)
-> (to the above commentators)-> because men are stupid, that’s why->->-> to win a war is nothing ! we also want flowers, chocolates, songs, jokes, etc. etc. … There was only one Penelope and that was Penelope Cruz !
-> Elenitsa, you’ve ruined the photo ! ok …I understand the reason (& I have a copy). About the other thing (the enviro campaign), the USDA are brainstorming: «bulldozers vs eco-babes», how & who wins? tough tough tough==> We may be like 2 dried old figues until the PhDs come to a conclusion.
Wednesday March 15, 2006 - 10:44pm (EET)
For memories sake, the 4 wild photos
I deleted from Flickr:
Αρέσει σε %d bloggers: